Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Die Walkure

Haven't done a movie review in a while. How about now?

Valkyrie (2008)
I really really enjoyed this film. Even though it got a little slow at a few points, and I totally knew what was going to happen, it actually was quite suspenseful. That being said I don't think I really need to get into the plot, seeing as how it's historical. But the plot was good. I thought the acting was excellent, even though some of the Germans had English accents and some didn't, which was more funny than distracting. There was a surprising amount of talent in the cast that I wasn't aware of before I watched the movie (Kenneth Branagh, Bill Nighy, Eddy Izzard, Terence Stamp, the list goes on). Even Tom Cruise was tolerable. I find I can watch his movies as long as I don't think about him being Tom Cruise in real life. Anyways, movie was good, watch it if you haven't already, tell me what you think.
My Rating - 4 out of 5.

P.S. Do you think that guy who played Major Remer is tired of playing Nazis yet? (Look him up, you'll figure it out.)

No comments: